Author Topic: IPTC Info Single Display not the same as Stationery Pad  (Read 2935 times)

Offline mosscliffe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Info Single Display not the same as Stationery Pad
« on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:29 PM »
I have found the only way to Edit an existing IPTC Data fields is by hitting the Keyboard character 'I', when a photo is selected.

I have edited the IPTC stationery pad to show only the fields, I am interested in, but when I do a single edit, all the fields possible are shown and I have to keep scrolling to find the field I wish to change.

Is it possible for the Stationery Pad layout to be reflected in a single photo edit with Keypress 'I'

I am still finding my way around this excellent program, so I may have missed something obvious

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Info Single Display not the same as Stationery Pad
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
I have found the only way to Edit an existing IPTC Data fields is by hitting the Keyboard character 'I', when a photo is selected.

You can also click the 'i' button that appears over the thumbnails when you put your mouse cursor over them.

I have edited the IPTC stationery pad to show only the fields, I am interested in, but when I do a single edit, all the fields possible are shown and I have to keep scrolling to find the field I wish to change.

Is it possible for the Stationery Pad layout to be reflected in a single photo edit with Keypress 'I'

No.  They have entirely different purposes and each has their own layout.  Just customize the IPTC Info dialog and make it look the way you want to.  In the Preferences dialog, go to the Accessibility section and then click on the Customize IPTC Info... button.  Turn off any of the fields you don't want to work with and drag the fields you most often like to work with to the top of the list.

-Kirk

Offline mosscliffe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:05:55 AM »
Many thanks - I am slowly improving my grasp of PM and what I need to do with it.

A thought that has crossed my mind:

Having re-ordered a Contact Sheet by using Arrangement - is there any way to prefix the filenames with  01-99 as an example., so that sequence can be kept for uploading.  I am using a non-supported site (piwigo.com)  After re-ordering the filenames would be changed, to reflect the new positions, even if they had previously had the number prefixes added.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:22:54 AM »
Many thanks - I am slowly improving my grasp of PM and what I need to do with it.

A thought that has crossed my mind:

Having re-ordered a Contact Sheet by using Arrangement - is there any way to prefix the filenames with  01-99 as an example., so that sequence can be kept for uploading.  I am using a non-supported site (piwigo.com)  After re-ordering the filenames would be changed, to reflect the new positions, even if they had previously had the number prefixes added.

Sure.  Select the images.  Choose the Rename command from the File menu.  Enter the following for your Renaming string:

{seqn}{filenamebase}

and then Click on the 'Set {seqn}..." button and enter 01 as your sequence value (if you have more than 99 photos, enter 001 or even 0001 for a larger range of values).

Then click on the Rename button.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline mosscliffe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
Thanks again for speedy reply.

But if they had been re-sequenced once, can I somehow refer to the {basename} as a substring, so as not to add too many prefixes.

eg Done once  filename is 01-Filebasename.jpg

Done twice filename is 01-01-Filebasename.jpg - to avoid this could you do something like

{seqn}-substr({basename},3)

I am assuming that the value for {basename} changes on addition of each prefix added.

Also

I use an iMac running OSX 10.6.8  and a laptop running OSX 10.8.2.  Do I need one or two licences ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »
But if they had been re-sequenced once, can I somehow refer to the {basename} as a substring, so as not to add too many prefixes.

eg Done once  filename is 01-Filebasename.jpg

Done twice filename is 01-01-Filebasename.jpg - to avoid this could you do something like

{seqn}-substr({basename},3)

I am assuming that the value for {basename} changes on addition of each prefix added.

Yes, but the syntax is different.  Use {basename:3}

I use an iMac running OSX 10.6.8  and a laptop running OSX 10.8.2.  Do I need one or two licences ?

No.  If you have more than one person using your single license, you need to purchase another license.  If it is just you using the license and you switch between the two computers then you don't need to purchase another license.

-Kirk