Author Topic: Ignore "crap files" when ingesting  (Read 2867 times)

Offline iau

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ignore "crap files" when ingesting
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:06:15 AM »
Not sure whether this is a feature request or a support question, but recently I have had problems with a few camera brands that leaves "crap files" on the memory card, which is ingested together with the photos. More precisely the Fujifilm X100 leaves a .dat-file on the date the card was formatted. Also, the Panasonic cameras leave 4 files also from the date the card was formatted.

Is it possible to have PM ignore certain files? I have my ingest set to RAW and non-RAW photos, but still these are copied.

- iau

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ignore "crap files" when ingesting
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:24:52 AM »
Not sure whether this is a feature request or a support question, but recently I have had problems with a few camera brands that leaves "crap files" on the memory card, which is ingested together with the photos. More precisely the Fujifilm X100 leaves a .dat-file on the date the card was formatted. Also, the Panasonic cameras leave 4 files also from the date the card was formatted.

Is it possible to have PM ignore certain files? I have my ingest set to RAW and non-RAW photos, but still these are copied.

Sure, if we added an 'ignore list' feature.

-Kirk

Offline iau

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 07:23:19 AM »
Is this something you are considering or is there an easier way around today? The problem with manual deleting is that the folder with the crap files do not open in a tab in PM when ingesting, unless an image taken the same day is imported along with the crap file.

- iau

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 08:28:05 AM »
Is this something you are considering or is there an easier way around today? The problem with manual deleting is that the folder with the crap files do not open in a tab in PM when ingesting, unless an image taken the same day is imported along with the crap file.

There is no workaround.  We'll consider your request.

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 11:51:49 AM »
Dang! I was hoping that this would be a feature that would ignore my bad pictures and not even ingest them! ;)

Mick