Author Topic: Thumnails preferences  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Dave J

• View Profile
Thumnails preferences
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:29:32 AM »
Hi, just atarting out with PM and only in a simple hobbyist way.
In Edit Preferences Contact sheet there is a menu to add more labels below a thumbnail.
I have folders of sRGB & folders of aRGB and would like to add those acronyms below the thumbnails but it seems that the system adds the label (if I enter SRGB for example) to all the folders on my database. Is there a way of selective labelling?
Thanks for looking.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Thumnails preferences
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:12:51 AM »
Hi, just atarting out with PM and only in a simple hobbyist way.
In Edit Preferences Contact sheet there is a menu to add more labels below a thumbnail.
I have folders of sRGB & folders of aRGB and would like to add those acronyms below the thumbnails but it seems that the system adds the label (if I enter SRGB for example) to all the folders on my database. Is there a way of selective labelling?

The labels in the Contact Sheet section of Preferences are for display purposes only.  Generally users will put {variables} inside the label fields which will extract information that pertains to each photo displayed.  If you want to add metadata to your images, use the 'i' button that appears when you hover your mouse over a thumbnail.

PM does not currently use a database and you have made no changes to any of your images by putting sRGB in one of your Contact Sheet labels.

You can get the PDF manual for Photo Mechanic here:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/Photo_Mechanic_4.6.3_Manual.pdf

And feel free to ask any questions you might have here in the forums.  We've got a great community.

-Kirk