Author Topic: Can one sort on info such as "Focus Mode" or "Program"? etc.  (Read 2570 times)

Offline bbbdco

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can one sort on info such as "Focus Mode" or "Program"? etc.
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:24:16 AM »
I'm running PM on Mac OSX 10.6.8  Intel.....Mac Pro 8 core. Is there a way to sort my photos according to info contained in the Info Palette? Suppose I want to find all photos I shot in "Focus Mode: One Shot AF". Is there a way to set this up in the sorting parameters? Thanks.

Dan Mueller

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can one sort on info such as "Focus Mode" or "Program"? etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:42:59 AM »
Dan,

I'm running PM on Mac OSX 10.6.8  Intel.....Mac Pro 8 core. Is there a way to sort my photos according to info contained in the Info Palette? Suppose I want to find all photos I shot in "Focus Mode: One Shot AF". Is there a way to set this up in the sorting parameters? Thanks.

You can create a Custom Sort (see the Sort popup menu in the Toolbar) and use {variables} to do your sorting, but it will only sort the text of the variable alphabetically.  So your 'One shot AF' pictures will at least group together.  You can additionally add up to three text labels below your thumbnails and use {variables} there as well.  So in your case you could put the same variable in the Custom Sort and in one of the thumbnail labels and tell at a glance which photos belong together.

HTH,

-Kirk