Author Topic: IPTC snapshot and Save & Next hotkey?  (Read 2294 times)

Offline littlebob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC snapshot and Save & Next hotkey?
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:03:44 PM »
PM 4.6.7 on Windows 7 Ultimate, Dell D830

Hi, I have preloaded IPTC snapshots and I want to go one by one and apply a specific one to each photo.

When I am in the IPTC info window I wish I could have the IPTC snapshot list open and the ability to choose an entry by first letter and then hit a hotkey to save and go to the next photo.

If this is not possible what do you suggest? Is there even a way to have a hotkey for Save & Next?

Thank you,
Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC snapshot and Save & Next hotkey?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:13:11 PM »
Bob,

PM 4.6.7 on Windows 7 Ultimate, Dell D830

Hi, I have preloaded IPTC snapshots and I want to go one by one and apply a specific one to each photo.

When I am in the IPTC info window I wish I could have the IPTC snapshot list open and the ability to choose an entry by first letter and then hit a hotkey to save and go to the next photo.

If this is not possible what do you suggest? Is there even a way to have a hotkey for Save & Next?

No solution for the snapshots.  As for the Save and Next, hover your mouse cursor over the button for a few seconds.  A tooltip should appear with the key combo.

-Kirk

Offline littlebob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »
A hotkey to open the snapshot window (lightening bolt) would be great. I am trying to leave the mouse cursor right on it so I can just click but hands have to leave the keyboard

I feel like I should be using a different workflow, like I am doing it the hard way to quickly apply a stationary file/snapshot to images. Please let me know if you have any ideas. For example in Bridge 4 I am used to doing Alt+T, R, (replace metadata) then choose the metadata template

Thanks for any ideas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 06:18:17 AM »
A hotkey to open the snapshot window (lightening bolt) would be great. I am trying to leave the mouse cursor right on it so I can just click but hands have to leave the keyboard

I feel like I should be using a different workflow, like I am doing it the hard way to quickly apply a stationary file/snapshot to images. Please let me know if you have any ideas. For example in Bridge 4 I am used to doing Alt+T, R, (replace metadata) then choose the metadata template

Can't you select a number of images that would need the same set of caption data (template) and then apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to them all in bulk?  That's what the IPTC Stationery Pad is for.

-Kirk