Author Topic: really, really s l o w  (Read 2305 times)

Offline bamakodaker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
really, really s l o w
« on: August 29, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »
Hello,

I haven't changed anything but PM was almost unworkable last night. Mac 10.4.11, PM 4.5.4. Shooting Adobe RGB with Nikon D300 and D300S - full, large JPEG. Again, nothing has changed. No software updates nothing. Now using Beta 6.7.8 and don't really such much improvement - but I must say I think I see some improvement. I had gotten down to 10.+ GB free space. I'm up to over 12 GB free. I've been 14 and under for a while. I was using 4 GB compact flash cards but switched to 1 GB cards today but don't see any difference. I can't understand what has recently caused the slow down!

I opened the folders on a desktop Mac with plenty of free space and RAM but it was also slow. I open a folder in PM, select a Preview function - when I try to go to the next image it is slow, sometimes 1 or 2 seconds, other times 4 to 6 seconds. It takes when I tried to change a folder with a lot of images from viewing in Filename to view in Capture time, it took so long I had to force quit.  Again, I've not changed anything.

Any suggestions?

Lloyd

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: really, really s l o w
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »
Hi Lloyd,

You posted this in the wrong forum. You'll get better answers if you repost in the Photomechanic forum.

From your description of the problem I think you have too little free space on your harddrive, and/or that your computer is running out of memory (RAM)

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl