Author Topic: Can someone tell me which key this is  (Read 6359 times)

Offline Graham Taylor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can someone tell me which key this is
« on: September 12, 2011, 02:09:58 PM »
I've only just updated to v4.6 and think the email function is great. But can someone tell me which key or what the symbol refers to inbetween shift and E on win keyboard?

Thanks
Graham

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can someone tell me which key this is
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:13:24 PM »
Graham,

I've only just updated to v4.6 and think the email function is great. But can someone tell me which key or what the symbol refers to inbetween shift and E on win keyboard?

I'm not sure what you're asking?  The shift keys are on the bottom row of the keyboard and the E key is on the row of keys adjacent to the Tab key.

-Kirk

Offline Graham Taylor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:22:31 PM »
Sorry Kirk maybe its the way I explained it. I want to use short cut (keyboard) to open email facility. If I press shift+E it opens Photoshop. When checking the short cuts in the help section for email there is a square symbols with scrolls on each corner? inbetween shift & E and is this I'm unsure of.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »
Graham,

Sorry Kirk maybe its the way I explained it. I want to use short cut (keyboard) to open email facility. If I press shift+E it opens Photoshop. When checking the short cuts in the help section for email there is a square symbols with scrolls on each corner? inbetween shift & E and is this I'm unsure of.

The documentation is somewhat Mac-centric.  So the key you're describing doesn't exist on a Windows keyboard.  That key is instead 'Shift'.  So to send an email with the last settings you used without bringing up the email dialog, type:

Ctrl-Alt-Shift-E

The 'Modifier Key' section of the manual (pages 164-165) explains the feature and the key that is used to modify behaviors in Photo Mechanic for each platform.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Graham Taylor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »
Got it! If I looked hard enough I'd see it on the File menu instead of trying to read the Mac settings!  :-[

Can I ask one further question?

I want to send multiple images in one email and send all same size (although each size may vary), can this be done using the jpeg slider? I've tried it out but when I check the images attached in Outlook Express they are still showing original size or is it displaying the compressed size?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »
Graham,

Got it! If I looked hard enough I'd see it on the File menu instead of trying to read the Mac settings!  :-[

Can I ask one further question?

I want to send multiple images in one email and send all same size (although each size may vary), can this be done using the jpeg slider? I've tried it out but when I check the images attached in Outlook Express they are still showing original size or is it displaying the compressed size?

The images will all be scaled to the size you specified along with the JPEG quality you selected.  Actual data size of the images will vary according to the content of the images themselves and how they end up getting compressed via JPEG compression.

-Kirk

Offline Graham Taylor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 05:15:11 AM »
Thanks Kirk  :)