Author Topic: Combined RAW + JPEG thumbnails not working for Pentax PEF RAW files  (Read 3030 times)

Offline geo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello
I'm using Photomechanic 4.67 and the feature that allows for combined RAW + JPEG thumbnails is not working for Pentax PEF RAW files.
The JPEGs and RAW files are shown as 2 separate files.

In the VIEW menu, I checked the box for "Combined RAW + JPEG" and in the EDIT menu, I went to PREFERENCES -- CONTACT SHEET, and checked the box for "Combine RAW and JPEG into single thumbnail".

But the Pentax PEF RAW files and JPEG are still displayed as two separate thumbnails.

Why is this happening?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Combined RAW + JPEG thumbnails not working for Pentax PEF RAW files
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:17:28 AM »
I'm using Photomechanic 4.67 and the feature that allows for combined RAW + JPEG thumbnails is not working for Pentax PEF RAW files.
The JPEGs and RAW files are shown as 2 separate files.

In the VIEW menu, I checked the box for "Combined RAW + JPEG" and in the EDIT menu, I went to PREFERENCES -- CONTACT SHEET, and checked the box for "Combine RAW and JPEG into single thumbnail".

But the Pentax PEF RAW files and JPEG are still displayed as two separate thumbnails.

Why is this happening?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I don't know why it wouldn't be working.  But please upgrade to version 4.6.8 since we did make some improvements to how PEF files are handled.

http://www.camerabits.com/site/downloads.html

-Kirk