Author Topic: IPTC won't retain info upon closing  (Read 1971 times)

Offline luckyg5

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC won't retain info upon closing
« on: September 26, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »
I recently upgraded from an older MAC G4 and have reinstalled my copy of pm and upgraded as far as it would go (November 2008). Now when I enter info into the IPTC and close the stationary, it erases everything. My new MAC is an iMac with Lion operating system, is there an incompatibility issue? Or how do I fix the problem?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC won't retain info upon closing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:27:41 PM »
I recently upgraded from an older MAC G4 and have reinstalled my copy of pm and upgraded as far as it would go (November 2008). Now when I enter info into the IPTC and close the stationary, it erases everything. My new MAC is an iMac with Lion operating system, is there an incompatibility issue? Or how do I fix the problem?

The version of Photo Mechanic that you're using is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and will not be updated to run on the new OS.  Version 4.6.8 is the current version of Photo Mechanic and has been updated to work on the new OS.  You will need to purchase an upgrade license in order to obtain the new version.  Upgrade licenses are available for purchase on our website:

https://store.camerabits.com/cart

-Kirk