Author Topic: Nikon D700 Ingest  (Read 3273 times)

Offline squireart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Nikon D700 Ingest
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:39:43 AM »
Can't get my D700 to mount on mac osx 10.6.8 and, consequently, Photomechanic Ingest does not "see" the camera card.  anyone else ever have this problem?  how did you solve it.  other camera cards work fine for me. 

Offline squireart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Nikon D700 Ingest
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:41:09 AM »
using pm 4.6.8

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:02:06 PM »
Can't get my D700 to mount on mac osx 10.6.8 and, consequently, Photomechanic Ingest does not "see" the camera card.  anyone else ever have this problem?  how did you solve it.  other camera cards work fine for me. 

You'll need to use a card reader if your camera won't mount its card as a disk on your desktop.

-Kirk

Offline bkerley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:50:56 PM »
I have the exact same problem with a brand new D7000, not 700 but 7000.  MacBook Pro, 10.6.8, PM 4.6.8.  I can set image capture to open PM when the D7000 is connected (directly from the camera itself wtih usb cable) but ingest cannot see the card because the camera does not mount as a drive.  Putting the SD card in a card reader results in no action at all:  PM does not open, card does not mount on the desktop as a drive, and image capture does not see it.  Even disk utility does not see the card when it is in the card reader.  What gives?  Others seem to be able to ingest from D7000's with PM.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »
I have the exact same problem with a brand new D7000, not 700 but 7000.  MacBook Pro, 10.6.8, PM 4.6.8.  I can set image capture to open PM when the D7000 is connected (directly from the camera itself wtih usb cable) but ingest cannot see the card because the camera does not mount as a drive.  Putting the SD card in a card reader results in no action at all:  PM does not open, card does not mount on the desktop as a drive, and image capture does not see it.  Even disk utility does not see the card when it is in the card reader.  What gives?  Others seem to be able to ingest from D7000's with PM.

Is the card formatted and does it have images on it?

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:29:35 AM »
It actually looks like your cardreader is unable to read your card. What type of card is it, and what cardreader are you using? Is it an SDHC card perhaps? You'll need an SDHC capable cardreader in that case.

As a workaround you could also use Image Capture to read the card when it is in your camera.

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline bkerley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 04:38:38 AM »
Yup, that was the issue.  Older card reader not capable of reading the new SD HC cards, but for some reason it read the CF card perfectly fine.  However, got a new card reader, no problem now.

Thanks for the help.