Author Topic: "Advanced" Preset-Saving for FTP  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
"Advanced" Preset-Saving for FTP
« on: October 16, 2011, 02:38:45 AM »
Hi @ all!

You can save FTP-Settings for several FTP-Servers.
In my case I have a standard caption for my images and need to apply a different "footer" to the caption for each FTP-connection.
When I save my FTP-Settings, the chosen stationary pad is not saved. So I need to check the stationary pad to be applied before each transfer.

It would be a great benefit if I can save the stationary pad to be appended for each FTP-Connection separately.
So the "FTP-Connection1" loads the assigned stationary pad 2 when it is loaded. The same for FTP2 with stationary pad 2 and FTP3 with stationary pad 3.

Is this possible?

Using PM 4.6.8 on Mac OS Lion 10.7.2

Thanks
Sven
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "Advanced" Preset-Saving for FTP
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:58:04 AM »
Sven,

You can save FTP-Settings for several FTP-Servers.
In my case I have a standard caption for my images and need to apply a different "footer" to the caption for each FTP-connection.
When I save my FTP-Settings, the chosen stationary pad is not saved. So I need to check the stationary pad to be applied before each transfer.

It would be a great benefit if I can save the stationary pad to be appended for each FTP-Connection separately.
So the "FTP-Connection1" loads the assigned stationary pad 2 when it is loaded. The same for FTP2 with stationary pad 2 and FTP3 with stationary pad 3.

Is this possible?

I think that in order to do this we would have to offer the option of a local or global IPTC Stationery Pad like we do in Ingest.  If you were using a local IPTC Stationery Pad then your snapshot would save/restore the IPTC Stationery Pad as well.

-Kirk