Author Topic: CR2 & JPEG with same name confusion  (Read 1981 times)

Offline whistlerdan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
CR2 & JPEG with same name confusion
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »
Here's a scenario I'm looking at right now.

Browsing some folder of photos that were originally created by card ingests through lightroom.  Lightroom will allow a photo to exist as XYZ.cr2 and XYZ.JPG separately.  If you try and add another one called say XYZ.JPG it will designate it XYZ-2.JPG but the important thing here is that a CR2 and JPG with same name can ingest into same folder and live happily.

When browsing this folder with PM though only the JPG is appearing , and it's incorrectly being labeled as a CR2 + JPG.  Presumably because PM is finding the XMP file from the CR2 and incorrecty assuming it belongs to XYZ.JPG when in fact it belongs to XYZ.CR2 ? 

Is there any way around this ?  Causing me some major grief this evening as I want to label a ton of CR2s that won't appear in PM right now :(

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: CR2 & JPEG with same name confusion
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
CMD+J (CTRL+J) will show/not show exact same named .RAW and .JPEG photos as pairs/separate. You can toggle the behaviour in PM's Preferences I think. It's a feature I miss in Adobe's software a lot - Bridge for example doesn't correlate RAW and JPEG photos as pairs, which is a PITA... But whatever workflow works for you, try that above.

Offline whistlerdan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: CR2 & JPEG with same name confusion
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
THANK YOU! ;D

I was looking in the preferences menu under the IPTC tab thinking there must be an option there but now I see it's on the Contact Sheet page.