Author Topic: "quotes" in Code Replacements  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Patrick McPartland

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"quotes" in Code Replacements
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:29:18 PM »
Mac OS 10.6.8
Photo Mechanic version 4.6.6

I am working an event this weekend and various religious people will be in attendance. I created a code replacement with their names and titles, but when I run the code replacement in the Stationary pad the information comes up in quotes.

Example:
Code Replacement: srjane  Text: Sr. Jane, vicar  Text in Caption field: "Sr. Jane, vicar"

I did discover that the use of punctuation seems to be causing the problem. Is there a way to write the code so that the "" do not show up? If not I'll live with it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "quotes" in Code Replacements
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »
Patrick,

Mac OS 10.6.8
Photo Mechanic version 4.6.6

I am working an event this weekend and various religious people will be in attendance. I created a code replacement with their names and titles, but when I run the code replacement in the Stationary pad the information comes up in quotes.

Example:
Code Replacement: srjane  Text: Sr. Jane, vicar  Text in Caption field: "Sr. Jane, vicar"

I did discover that the use of punctuation seems to be causing the problem. Is there a way to write the code so that the "" do not show up? If not I'll live with it.

Can you post your Code Replacement file (or get it to me privately?)  I see nothing in the code that would insert quotes.

Also, please upgrade to version 4.6.8.

-Kirk