Author Topic: Need to restore PM 4.6.7 - but from where?  (Read 3868 times)

Offline zzafio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Need to restore PM 4.6.7 - but from where?
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:33:04 AM »
I WAS running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.7 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

Today I downloaded the new PM 4.6.8 and - as on previous updates - dragged to the Applications folder where it overwrote the previous version. It now appears that version 4.0.8 is only for OS 10.6. or later. Annoying to be told after installation.

On opening PM I now get the message that I need the earlier version... but I can't find a 4.6.7 version on the archives page. So, any ideas for restoring version 4.6.7 please?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Need to restore PM 4.6.7 - but from where?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 06:35:04 AM »
I WAS running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.7 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

Today I downloaded the new PM 4.6.8 and - as on previous updates - dragged to the Applications folder where it overwrote the previous version. It now appears that version 4.0.8 is only for OS 10.6. or later. Annoying to be told after installation.

On opening PM I now get the message that I need the earlier version... but I can't find a 4.6.7 version on the archives page. So, any ideas for restoring version 4.6.7 please?

You need the legacy OS version instead:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanicLegacy4.6.8.dmg.gz

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Kirk

Offline zzafio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 07:24:43 AM »
Thanks, all back to normal. All very smooth!

When I look at the downloads page I see three arrow download graphics, but no other details. I guess the first arrow is the version that didn't work for me. The next arrow produced the correct legacy file for my OS. Screengrab attached for info.

Thanks again for swift solution.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »
Thanks, all back to normal. All very smooth!

When I look at the downloads page I see three arrow download graphics, but no other details. I guess the first arrow is the version that didn't work for me. The next arrow produced the correct legacy file for my OS. Screengrab attached for info.

Thanks again for swift solution.

That's very odd.  What browser are you using?

-Kirk