Author Topic: Rename on ingest problem  (Read 3198 times)

Offline David Hood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rename on ingest problem
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »
When ingesting cards I have photo mechanic set to rename on ingest with a sequence (dh11__{seqn}).  After ingesting my cards from the 1st period of a hockey game, I formatted the card in camera and shot the second period, and when I ingested the second periods images, the sequence number did not change and started at the same number that it did when ingesting the 1st periods images so I ended up with 01, 02, 03 added to the end of the filename.  Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it.  Also there appears to be a message that pops up giving an error after starting the ingest but it flashes very briefly and I have never been able to see what it is about.

I am running Photo Mechanic 4.6.8 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8

David
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:45:38 AM by David Hood »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rename on ingest problem
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:07 AM »
David,

When ingesting cards I have photo mechanic set to rename on ingest with a sequence (dh11__{seqn}).  After ingesting my cards from the 1st period of a hockey game, I formatted the card in camera and shot the second period, and when I ingested the second periods images, the sequence number did not change and started at the same number that it did when ingesting the 1st periods images so I ended up with 01, 02, 03 added to the end of the filename.  Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it.  Also there appears to be a message that pops up giving an error after starting the ingest but it flashes very briefly and I have never been able to see what it is about.

I am running Photo Mechanic 4.6.8 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8

It sounds like PM is unable to update its Preferences files.  Have you checked/fixed permissions on your system lately?  Use the Disk Utility application in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder to repair your permissions.

-Kirk

Offline David Hood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Rename on ingest problem
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:11:49 AM »
Kirk, thanks, I will do that and try ingesting images and report back.

Kirks solution did end up working for me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:54:46 AM by David Hood »