Author Topic: duplicating entire job for web preview folders and all  (Read 5464 times)

Offline ocris1

• View Profile
duplicating entire job for web preview folders and all
« on: May 22, 2007, 08:15:28 PM »
hi Kirk,

when I edit my jobs I sort images into folders, some 20 folders or so. Is there a way of duplicating the ENTIRE job into a lo-res version for web upload, keeping the folder structure intact? I am thinking of using the "save as" command, but in my testing I found that even though I select an entire job (with subfolders) after the export all the images will reside in a new folder, but not sorted into the folders they previously resided in.

Is there a workaround to this or a solution in PM that I haven't found yet?

Thanks

Christian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: duplicating entire job for web preview folders and all
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »
Christian,

when I edit my jobs I sort images into folders, some 20 folders or so. Is there a way of duplicating the ENTIRE job into a lo-res version for web upload, keeping the folder structure intact? I am thinking of using the "save as" command, but in my testing I found that even though I select an entire job (with subfolders) after the export all the images will reside in a new folder, but not sorted into the folders they previously resided in.

Is there a workaround to this or a solution in PM that I haven't found yet?

I know of no automated way to do what you're wanting to do.  If Save as had a feature where it could create folder names in the destination folder, then if we had a variable like {parent} then one could use that to create subfolders and put the saved images into the proper folders.

An interesting idea that would have to be added to a future version of Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline ocris1

• View Profile
Re: duplicating entire job for web preview folders and all
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »
Kirk,

we edit very large jobs and end up with a final edit of about 1500 - 2000 images all sorted into as many subfolders as possible. All this is done locally with RAW and jpgs. Having a the ability to duplicate the entire job as is, but lo-res on another part of the harddrive for subsequent web upload would be an incredible time saver. Thanks for the consideration and I do hope that this will be a future ability of PM.

Cheers

Christian