Author Topic: Incremental Ingestion not working correctly  (Read 2757 times)

Offline etrigan63

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Incremental Ingestion not working correctly
« on: November 01, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »
Hey all, I have the latest release version of PM installed on my Mac Pro and when I went to ingest some images, I realized that I forgot to format the card before I began shooting. PM was set to ingest incrementally but it ingested the original batch of images a second time amending an "A" on the name. PM is set to rename the images on ingestion and that seems to be preventing incremental ingestion from working.

Please help. Hopefully this will be resolved in V5.

Carlos

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Incremental Ingestion not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:54:41 PM »
Carlos,

Hey all, I have the latest release version of PM installed on my Mac Pro and when I went to ingest some images, I realized that I forgot to format the card before I began shooting. PM was set to ingest incrementally but it ingested the original batch of images a second time amending an "A" on the name. PM is set to rename the images on ingestion and that seems to be preventing incremental ingestion from working.

Had you already set the Incremental Ingest checkbox the last time you Ingested the card?
Are you certain that the ".pmingest.dat" file exists on your card and that the Photo Mechanic incremental ingest folder hasn't been emptied?

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 09:08:06 AM »

Carlos, I too rename my files upon ingest and for me the incremental ingest works fine (I'm on a Mac too).

Have you perhaps removed the administrative files PM stores for this purpose?
Or, did you perhaps accidentally unset the "Incremental Ingest" check box?
Or…
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline etrigan63

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:44:31 PM »
I format the card in my camera after every use. Merely deleting the files shortens the lifespan of the card. I was told this by the card makers. Otherwise, I have never touched any files on the card.

I just put in a card with files from a previous ingestion and checked it with mc. The file in question there.

OK, I just imported that card and it worked. O_o?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:53:32 PM by etrigan63 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 07:33:21 PM »
I format the card in my camera after every use. Merely deleting the files shortens the lifespan of the card. I was told this by the card makers. Otherwise, I have never touched any files on the card.

I just put in a card with files from a previous ingestion and checked it with mc. The file in question there.

OK, I just imported that card and it worked. O_o?

If you format the card after each use then there is no history for the card, nor are there any old files that existed during the last ingest.  For someone like yourself that formats the card after each Ingest, Incremental Ingest is basically meaningless.  So in your case you might as well as ignore the feature.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:35:37 PM by Kirk Baker »