Author Topic: PM 4.6.8 Favorite Window position does change  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
PM 4.6.8 Favorite Window position does change
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:56:40 AM »
Kirk,

Finally upgraded my PC to a Win7 64-bit system.

PM works fine, except that if I have the Folder Window with the Favorite Window below and got to the preview screen, the Favorite Window is not under the Folder Window anymore but next to it when I return/close the preview screen.

Is there a setting to have the UI arrangement, especially the window locations, "locked"?

Thanks and regards,
Juerg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.6.8 Favorite Window position does change
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:34:01 AM »
Juerg,

Finally upgraded my PC to a Win7 64-bit system.

PM works fine, except that if I have the Folder Window with the Favorite Window below and got to the preview screen, the Favorite Window is not under the Folder Window anymore but next to it when I return/close the preview screen.

Is there a setting to have the UI arrangement, especially the window locations, "locked"?

No.  The framework we use to manage the panes is unfortunately both discontinued and is a bit buggy.  I have no workaround for you nor do I have a way to correct the problem in an update to version 4.6.  I can tell you that version 5 should never have this problem.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Re: PM 4.6.8 Favorite Window position does change
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
Thanks Kirk, will manage to get through the time till PM5 is released. Inconvenient, but not a big thing in the grand scheme of things.

Regards,
Juerg

PS: Sent you also a PM
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:58:16 PM by archer69 »