Author Topic: Shortcuts  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Nerida

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Shortcuts
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:20:31 AM »
Hello,
I am using Photo Mechanic Version 4.6.8 on a Mac OS X 10.6.8, 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon.

I was wondering if there is a shortcut that takes you from the regular viewing window to the more zoomed window where you can see one photo large and the thumbnails down the bottom?
Basically an alternative to using the pen/tablet/mouse to click on the bottom right hand magnifying glass icon.

Also - do you know if I was copying the files from my internal hard drive to an external portable hard drive, if i assigning colours to the various photos - would this affect the transfer ?  I used to use Bridge and star the photos and i don't think I could star the shots while they were copying to another location ...

Thanks!
Nerida  ;)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 03:42:20 AM »
Of course there is - CMD+R or SPACE will take you to Preview window. It's highlighted as "Preview... CMD+R" in the Image menu. For a full list of shortcuts, I suggest you download and read the manual from www.camerabits.com

As to your second question, I am not sure - do you mean when you use another application (e.g. the Finder) to copy files while simultaneously rating the files being copied, inside PM? That would be a bad idea, because you wouldn't know if the file you are rating isn't being copied at the exact same moment, or been copied already, where of course the ratings wouldn't transfer - after all PM has no way of knowing you are doing something else with the files at the same time...