Author Topic: Add ability to ingest only images with sound files...  (Read 2895 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Add ability to ingest only images with sound files...
« on: November 16, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
It would be helpful for some of my workflow situations to be able to ingest just those images with a sound file.  On the ingest panel, under "Filter Files", instead of just offering options around locked files, add one more option for "Ingest Only Images with Associated Sound Files".

The short version of the need is based on shooting using Eye-Fi cards, which wirelessly sends all my JPG files, but not the WAV files where I have recorded a message or a competitor number.  Would be nice afterwards to just ingest those images with an associated WAV file so I can get the sound details after everything that has already been uploaded and processed through some droplets that are watching a hot folder.  Unless something goes horribly wrong, I don't need to re-ingest the JPGs, just the WAV files. 

Other users may have need for the JPG associated with the WAV file, so to make it simple, allow us to select to ingest just the pair of files (WAV/JPG).

Pretty please?  Christmas is coming.  Would be nice present.  ;)

Thanks!

-Mike
Fairfield Photography

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Add ability to ingest only images with sound files...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 03:06:37 PM »
Mike,

It would be helpful for some of my workflow situations to be able to ingest just those images with a sound file.  On the ingest panel, under "Filter Files", instead of just offering options around locked files, add one more option for "Ingest Only Images with Associated Sound Files".

The short version of the need is based on shooting using Eye-Fi cards, which wirelessly sends all my JPG files, but not the WAV files where I have recorded a message or a competitor number.  Would be nice afterwards to just ingest those images with an associated WAV file so I can get the sound details after everything that has already been uploaded and processed through some droplets that are watching a hot folder.  Unless something goes horribly wrong, I don't need to re-ingest the JPGs, just the WAV files. 

Other users may have need for the JPG associated with the WAV file, so to make it simple, allow us to select to ingest just the pair of files (WAV/JPG).

Pretty please?  Christmas is coming.  Would be nice present.  ;)

A Christmas time frame would be absolutely impossible.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Re: Add ability to ingest only images with sound files...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
Well, I'll settle for a "sounds reasonable and useful, we will give it good consideration for something in V5"...

:)

Mike