Author Topic: Keyword Spearator  (Read 4007 times)

Offline pchan3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keyword Spearator
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »
In the past, I have ";" appeared  between each keyword in the xml export files. However, it disappear recently. Any idea on how to get it back?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyword Spearator
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
In the past, I have ";" appeared  between each keyword in the xml export files. However, it disappear recently. Any idea on how to get it back?

Check the IPTC/XMP section of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog and see what Keyword separator you're using.  There are two choices: ',' and ';'.

-Kirk

Offline pchan3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
Thank Kirk. I tried your suggestion and see the ";".

COLLECTION        |        Buckminster Fuller papers; 1920-1983; FORMAT      |      photographs; color transparencies; LOCATION    |    Series 15    |    Box 2    |    Folder 1; REPOSITORY   |   Department of Special Collections; Stanford University Libraries; TYPE | still image

COLLECTION        |        Buckminster Fuller papers, 1920-1983, FORMAT      |      photographs, color transparencies, LOCATION    |    Series 15    |    Box 2    |    Folder 1, REPOSITORY   |   Department of Special Collections, Stanford University Libraries, TYPE | still image

However, what I would like to do is to have ";" between different set of keywords. Not replacing all "," with ";". My ultimate goal is to transform the xml output to the way our IT dept. need - an xml content file they can take.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »
Thank Kirk. I tried your suggestion and see the ";".

COLLECTION        |        Buckminster Fuller papers; 1920-1983; FORMAT      |      photographs; color transparencies; LOCATION    |    Series 15    |    Box 2    |    Folder 1; REPOSITORY   |   Department of Special Collections; Stanford University Libraries; TYPE | still image

COLLECTION        |        Buckminster Fuller papers, 1920-1983, FORMAT      |      photographs, color transparencies, LOCATION    |    Series 15    |    Box 2    |    Folder 1, REPOSITORY   |   Department of Special Collections, Stanford University Libraries, TYPE | still image

However, what I would like to do is to have ";" between different set of keywords. Not replacing all "," with ";". My ultimate goal is to transform the xml output to the way our IT dept. need - an xml content file they can take.

Are you using Structured Keywords?  Otherwise, where are the '|' coming from?

In any case you could simply open up the text file in any text editor and replace '|' with ';' and then re-save the file.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline pchan3

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 03:25:20 PM »
Yes, we used Structured Keywords. The final structure I would like to get is:

COLLECTION        |        Buckminster Fuller papers, 1920-1983,
FORMAT      |      photographs, color transparencies,
LOCATION    |    Series 15    |    Box 2    |    Folder 1,
REPOSITORY   |   Department of Special Collections, Stanford University Libraries,
TYPE | still image

If I replace "|" with ";", I cannot get the structure I needed. Is there anyway I can have an unique separator for "COLLECTION", "FORMAT", "LOCATION", etc.