Author Topic: Intermediate "Find" results during search...  (Read 2539 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Intermediate "Find" results during search...
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:06:13 AM »
Would it be possible in the future to have not only the progress bar on the "Find" dialog, but also a count of the number of images that have been found so far that match the search criteria?  Sometimes I search a large collection of images across a whole year only to find after 10-15 minutes of searching that I had zero matches due to a mistake in my Find settings.  Having an incremental results indication (like the count of records found so far) would let me know that I am getting "something" during the long searches.

Thanks!

-Mike
Fairfield Photography

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Intermediate "Find" results during search...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 07:29:33 AM »
Mike,

Would it be possible in the future to have not only the progress bar on the "Find" dialog, but also a count of the number of images that have been found so far that match the search criteria?  Sometimes I search a large collection of images across a whole year only to find after 10-15 minutes of searching that I had zero matches due to a mistake in my Find settings.  Having an incremental results indication (like the count of records found so far) would let me know that I am getting "something" during the long searches.

I need to make the Find (and the Find and Replace) run on a background thread, so if I get the time to do that task, I'll add in some display information as well.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: Intermediate "Find" results during search...
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
That would be nice :)