Author Topic: Progress indicators for PM  (Read 8319 times)

Offline wjhyde

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Progress indicators for PM
« on: October 11, 2006, 08:27:56 AM »
hi, does anyone know if PM has Progress indicators?  am i just not seeing them?

thanks in advance for response   :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Progress indicators for PM
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:05:32 AM »
hi, does anyone know if PM has Progress indicators?  am i just not seeing them?

thanks in advance for response   :)

Hmm...  Progress indicators for what operations?

-Kirk

Offline wjhyde

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 12:35:10 PM »
thanks for responding kirk, 

for example: when i open a folder with many images i never know if they are all in to be selected for a batch captioning because when i scroll up then the image name turns red then back to black again.  it seems confussing to me.  i've been using iView up until now and they have a little disc spinning at the bottom until all images are up.  i realize that iView is a catalog and PM is a browser but as far as i've got today. 

wendy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 01:06:55 PM »
Wendy,

thanks for responding kirk, 

for example: when i open a folder with many images i never know if they are all in to be selected for a batch captioning because when i scroll up then the image name turns red then back to black again.  it seems confussing to me.  i've been using iView up until now and they have a little disc spinning at the bottom until all images are up.  i realize that iView is a catalog and PM is a browser but as far as i've got today. 

Photo Mechanic loads your images on demand and in the background.  Once the folder has been opened and thumbnails begin to appear, Photo Mechanic is ready to use.  We show the red thumbnail titles as an indicator that the high-quality thumbnail has not yet been loaded.  There is nothing to worry about.  Just start using it.

There is a progress indicator at the bottom the window that will appear when certain operations occur, but usually it appears only briefly.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline wjhyde

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 07:41:40 AM »
Kirk, 

today i am trying out the ingest for the first time.  as i watch the thumbnails appear the is no sign of process.  then i moved my contact page window and saw the process bar window.  this would be helpful to have somewhere on the contact page window instead of behind.  just a request for now.  thank you and i'm enjoying the software so far. 
 8)
wendy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 08:47:30 AM »
Wendy,

today i am trying out the ingest for the first time.  as i watch the thumbnails appear the is no sign of process.  then i moved my contact page window and saw the process bar window.  this would be helpful to have somewhere on the contact page window instead of behind.  just a request for now.  thank you and i'm enjoying the software so far.  8)

Because you can have numerous simultaneous Ingest operations going at once (only limited by the number of card readers you have), we use a separate progress window.  The progress windows can be minimized into the dock (Mac OS X) or Taskbar (Windows).  Even while minimized, they will show their progress which you can glance at from time to time.

HTH,

-Kirk