Author Topic: Recent/Favorite Variables?  (Read 7981 times)

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Recent/Favorite Variables?
« on: October 09, 2006, 09:34:14 AM »
Kirk-

I frequently use a few variables (colorclass, filename, type, sequence, jobname).  Can you implement a way for me to be able to type a letter "c" and have the selcetion jump to that place in alpha order? 

Also, how about a "favorites" or "recently used" variables list...allow me to remeber my favorite 5, 7, or 10 variables?

Something similar with the "sort by" drop-down menu...if I am sorting by "type" I have to remeber that because it (currently) only shows up as "Custom"...so if I dont remember, I have to "Edit Custom" and select/reselect my sort criteria. 

Thoughts?

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Recent/Favorite Variables?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »
Kirk-

I frequently use a few variables (colorclass, filename, type, sequence, jobname).  Can you implement a way for me to be able to type a letter "c" and have the selcetion jump to that place in alpha order? 

Also, how about a "favorites" or "recently used" variables list...allow me to remeber my favorite 5, 7, or 10 variables?

Something similar with the "sort by" drop-down menu...if I am sorting by "type" I have to remeber that because it (currently) only shows up as "Custom"...so if I dont remember, I have to "Edit Custom" and select/reselect my sort criteria. 

Thoughts?

Delane

How about just auto-completion?  Meaning if you start typing {d then auto-complete would kick in and put in {date} for you.  Then you wouldn't even need to bring up the Variables chooser...

-Kirk

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 01:41:32 PM »
sure...auto-complete would work...sounds like a winner to me. 

How about the other "point of interest"...

----

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 01:10:46 PM »
Delane,

sure...auto-complete would work...sounds like a winner to me. 

How about the other "point of interest"...

----

I'm not sure I understand the request.  You want the "Custom" label to change or do you want some other type of interface?

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 07:28:45 AM »
Yeah...I want the custom lable to change.

Example...on Sunday I did a customer sort (based on color class)...but Tuesday evening I simply couldn't  remeber what the last variable was...

Or...could it remember the last 3, 5, n# of custom sort variables...a frequently used custom sort list I guess...

Dbr

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 08:44:48 AM »
Yeah...I want the custom lable to change.

Example...on Sunday I did a customer sort (based on color class)...but Tuesday evening I simply couldn't  remeber what the last variable was...

Or...could it remember the last 3, 5, n# of custom sort variables...a frequently used custom sort list I guess...

Dbr

Well, I could change the label dynamically to show the terms like:

Custom: {iso}{lens}

But if basically you want multiple settings, use the snapshot button and give the different settings useful names.  Then switching between them will be easy.

HTH,

-Kirk