Author Topic: PM and OS X Lion Fullscreen  (Read 3350 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
PM and OS X Lion Fullscreen
« on: December 03, 2011, 06:19:48 AM »
Hi Kirk, more or less a question as well as suggestion - are you going to support OS X Lion's fullscreen app mode (possibly in PM 5) ?

I have got quite used to that feature in the (I admit so far quite few) supported apps, and it would be nice especially on laptop screens.

Thank you,

Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM and OS X Lion Fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 07:11:51 AM »
Frantisek,

Hi Kirk, more or less a question as well as suggestion - are you going to support OS X Lion's fullscreen app mode (possibly in PM 5) ?

I have got quite used to that feature in the (I admit so far quite few) supported apps, and it would be nice especially on laptop screens.

We have no plans to support fullscreen app mode in version 5.

-Kirk

Offline vasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »
I'd also like to request full-screen mode support when there is time to add it - It is a nice way to work.

I'll go a step further and request full-screen dual windows across dual monitors (ie: full-screen contact sheet on the smaller laptop monitor and full-screen preview on the larger external monitor). If that is feasible and can be added at some point down the road I would be thrilled!

Thanks Kirk!

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
Camerabits did state in their press release for future PM 5.0 (in the works) version, Preview and Contact sheet window are going to be non-modal, meaning in v5 you would be able to move either to different screen and work with both (as I understand it). Fullscreen would be pretty nice icing on the cake some time down the road, but I don't know how much reworking the PM's code would need. So far, I have simply put PM into it's own space rearranged alongside Photoshop, but isnce Photoshop doesn't support Apple's fullscreen mode (or even Apple's Expose/Mission Control), it has few quirks. Since PM and PS launches at start instantly (using SSD <g>), it's always at the space I set it. Only in Fullscreen mode the Dock/Menubar is hidden which is nice for previewing...