Author Topic: Bug in ingest?  (Read 5434 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Bug in ingest?
« on: October 11, 2006, 06:11:16 AM »
When ingesting my photos, my folder structure is "{datesort} job name cf" but PM has recently taken to ignoring the space between the variable and the job name so that the actual folder created is "20061011job name cf" instead of "20061011 job name cf".  (The "cf" is a reference code applied to all folders straight from the cf card.)  I'm not sure when the behaviour changed, but it was pretty recently so possibly when the latest version was released.  Is this a bug, or just me?

OS X 10.4.8, PM 4.4.3.3.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bug in ingest?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 07:14:01 AM »
When ingesting my photos, my folder structure is "{datesort} job name cf" but PM has recently taken to ignoring the space between the variable and the job name so that the actual folder created is "20061011job name cf" instead of "20061011 job name cf".  (The "cf" is a reference code applied to all folders straight from the cf card.)  I'm not sure when the behaviour changed, but it was pretty recently so possibly when the latest version was released.  Is this a bug, or just me?

OS X 10.4.8, PM 4.4.3.3.

I'll look into it, but little to nothing changed regarding Ingest in 4.4.3.3.  Here was the only change:

Fixed a problem with Ingest when the sequence {seqn} variable is used in the IPTC Stationery Pad and a variable (e.g. {datesort}) is used for folder naming.

That bug resulted in the sequence number incrementing twice instead of once, but you're not using the sequence in the IPTC Stationery Pad that you're applying are you?  (I can't tell one way or another from your screen shot.)

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 07:58:18 AM »

OS X 10.4.8, PM 4.4.3.3.

I'll look into it, but little to nothing changed regarding Ingest in 4.4.3.3.  Here was the only change:

Fixed a problem with Ingest when the sequence {seqn} variable is used in the IPTC Stationery Pad and a variable (e.g. {datesort}) is used for folder naming.

That bug resulted in the sequence number incrementing twice instead of once, but you're not using the sequence in the IPTC Stationery Pad that you're applying are you?  (I can't tell one way or another from your screen shot.)

-Kirk

No.  I only really ever use the {seqn} when renaming, and not in the IPTC itself.  I don't always apply a IPTC Stationery Pad when ingesting, but the space disappears either way.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 08:08:28 AM »

OS X 10.4.8, PM 4.4.3.3.

No.  I only really ever use the {seqn} when renaming, and not in the IPTC itself.  I don't always apply a IPTC Stationery Pad when ingesting, but the space disappears either way.

OK, then it is likely you have discovered a new issue.

-Kirk