Author Topic: Images remain when I move (copy) them  (Read 4308 times)

Offline doug3505

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Images remain when I move (copy) them
« on: October 11, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »
Often when I "Copy Selected Photos" and then select "Move Photos (Delete Originals)" several (1-9 images or more) remain in the source folder. Usually all of the images have been "Moved" but not all of the images have been deleted from the source file.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Doug

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Images remain when I move (copy) them
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 04:18:50 PM »
Often when I "Copy Selected Photos" and then select "Move Photos (Delete Originals)" several (1-9 images or more) remain in the source folder. Usually all of the images have been "Moved" but not all of the images have been deleted from the source file.

Do you have permission to write/modify the files in question?  Do the files end up at the destination but just don't get deleted from the source location?

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running and what OS are you running it on?

-Kirk

Offline doug3505

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 09:57:01 AM »
Yes I have permission.

Yes some of the images do not get deleated when I decide to move the images. This is a regular occurance. It may help you to know that the images reside on a central server.

Doug

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 10:34:22 AM »
Yes I have permission.

Yes some of the images do not get deleated when I decide to move the images. This is a regular occurance. It may help you to know that the images reside on a central server.

Doug

Of the images that remain, did they all make it to their intended destination?

-Kirk