Author Topic: Output various size images in a single swoop  (Read 3648 times)

Offline Stephane Lacelle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Output various size images in a single swoop
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:38:36 AM »
In my workflow, I typically always create a bunch of output files for my top images: a 800px image for email, 1024px image for sites, 4x6 @ 300 ppi for quick prints and tiff-8 for further bigger size printing. All these output files in different output folders leveraging the incomparable PM's variables scheme.

Is there a quicker way to do the above short of doing 4 different Save As using different presets via the Snapshot Button?

I guess what I'm after is to be able to do this in a single swoop. Maybe via a tabbed interface where a tab defines a given output? An "output tabbed definition" would consist of all the current Save As options with the addition of sharpening variables (strength, radius, threshold) basically allowing us to control different output sharpening for different image size.

Once you click on the Save As button, all "output tabbed definition" are then executed.

Makes sense?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Output various size images in a single swoop
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:57:17 AM »
In my workflow, I typically always create a bunch of output files for my top images: a 800px image for email, 1024px image for sites, 4x6 @ 300 ppi for quick prints and tiff-8 for further bigger size printing. All these output files in different output folders leveraging the incomparable PM's variables scheme.

Is there a quicker way to do the above short of doing 4 different Save As using different presets via the Snapshot Button?

I guess what I'm after is to be able to do this in a single swoop. Maybe via a tabbed interface where a tab defines a given output? An "output tabbed definition" would consist of all the current Save As options with the addition of sharpening variables (strength, radius, threshold) basically allowing us to control different output sharpening for different image size.

Once you click on the Save As button, all "output tabbed definition" are then executed.

Makes sense?

Yes, I understand.  Thanks for your suggestion.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Output various size images in a single swoop
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:03:12 AM »
Hi, Stephane
I think this is a good idea.
I myself would like to save a CR2 file as a jpeg and a tiff file at the same time without having to go all over the process again...
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi