Author Topic: Ingestion Workflow  (Read 9036 times)

Offline robgray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingestion Workflow
« on: December 27, 2011, 12:36:17 AM »
Merry Christmas Kirk,
a wee request, maybe i have missed it in the past but here goes
when on ingest it is possible to copy files to a second location, is it possible to add a third option to allow or create jpeg files to be saved from the raw files ( for when you only shoot raw ), and save them to a third separate loaction as part of the ingest workflow ?

Regards
Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingestion Workflow
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
Rob,

a wee request, maybe i have missed it in the past but here goes
when on ingest it is possible to copy files to a second location, is it possible to add a third option to allow or create jpeg files to be saved from the raw files ( for when you only shoot raw ), and save them to a third separate loaction as part of the ingest workflow ?

I suppose it would be possible but it will be unlikely to be implemented unless a lot of people want such a feature.  I would think that many people would want to make adjustments to their RAW files before generating any conversions.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »
Hi,
I suppose most people who want to have a jpeg copy of the raw file at the moment of ingest would simply take the pictures in raw+jpeg mode straight out of the camera...
As to a third location, I consider it would be a good idea for those who like to use two backup drives.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
I some times do a quick export of the embeded JPG-s it is much faster than a complete JPG export and for certain use it works just fine (usually I only bring these with me to take less space and I can do caption and sort tasks witht them than later sync changes to the RAW files and then develop the RAW files).

I aggree an automated JPG export would be fruitless most of the time as in camera JPG is much better quality (if JPG preferences picture styles etc are set properly) than a random edit less JPG export from RAW.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline tronquet@muenster.de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 04:16:23 AM »
PM can not erase "comstate.to2" files from Canon WFT-Units ! I use to erase the Files from the CF-cards after ingest. But when I have transmited JPEGs with the WFT-Unit, PM says Error and does not erase anything. Can someone help ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 06:34:27 AM »
PM can not erase "comstate.to2" files from Canon WFT-Units ! I use to erase the Files from the CF-cards after ingest. But when I have transmited JPEGs with the WFT-Unit, PM says Error and does not erase anything. Can someone help ?

PM's erase function only deletes files that it copies.

Just format the card when you put it back in your camera.

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:21 AM »
PM copies the picture files but do not erase after copying because of the "comstate.to1-6" file. I think PM should ignore this file type. I use the erase function from PM because i do not want to format the card each time i put it in the camera !
regards.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:05 AM »
PM copies the picture files but do not erase after copying because of the "comstate.to1-6" file. I think PM should ignore this file type. I use the erase function from PM because i do not want to format the card each time i put it in the camera !
regards.

Is the WFT file always named "comstate.to1-6" or does the name change from time to time?

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:02:21 AM »
there are 5 presets for access points I have tried preset 1 and 2 for ftp-upload, the file was always called "comstate.to2"

Here the error message from PM:

Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/comstate.to2 to: /Users/admin/Pictures/Rohbilder/comstate.to2
Warning: Not erasing volume "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/", because there were errors.
Warning: Finished copying from volume "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/", but not unmounting because there were errors.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »
there are 5 presets for access points I have tried preset 1 and 2 for ftp-upload, the file was always called "comstate.to2"

Here the error message from PM:

Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/comstate.to2 to: /Users/admin/Pictures/Rohbilder/comstate.to2
Warning: Not erasing volume "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/", because there were errors.
Warning: Finished copying from volume "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/", but not unmounting because there were errors.

What I need to know is if the comstate file is always named "comstate.to2" or if it varies in some way.  You mentioned earlier "comstate.to1-6" so does that mean that you've seen:

comstate.to1
comstate.to2
comstate.to3
comstate.to6

before?

Thanks,

-Kirk