Author Topic: Some IPTC info not showing  (Read 2831 times)

Offline digitalkreation

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Some IPTC info not showing
« on: January 01, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
Hi all,

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.7 and I run Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise on an Intel-based computer.

My issue is with the IPTC Stationery.  I have most fields filled out, including the 8 "contact" fields seen normally at the lower-right portion of the screen.  The problem, is that when I'm doing an ingest, and I have the program set to stamp the IPTC Stationery into each image, most of the fields go in, but not these "contact" ones.

Furthermore, when I try to stamp the IPTC info into an image manually, the same thing occurs; I stamp, click ok, then re-open the image, and this "contact" info is not there.  Yet it clearly shows in my IPTC Stationery Pad.

I actually have Photo Mechanic installed on 2 machines, the other, a Windows 7 Ultimate running on an Intel-based laptop.  On this machine, Photo Mechanic works perfectly, and I have no issues.

Thoughts?

Best,

Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Some IPTC info not showing
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »
Mark,

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.7 and I run Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise on an Intel-based computer.

My issue is with the IPTC Stationery.  I have most fields filled out, including the 8 "contact" fields seen normally at the lower-right portion of the screen.  The problem, is that when I'm doing an ingest, and I have the program set to stamp the IPTC Stationery into each image, most of the fields go in, but not these "contact" ones.

Furthermore, when I try to stamp the IPTC info into an image manually, the same thing occurs; I stamp, click ok, then re-open the image, and this "contact" info is not there.  Yet it clearly shows in my IPTC Stationery Pad.

I actually have Photo Mechanic installed on 2 machines, the other, a Windows 7 Ultimate running on an Intel-based laptop.  On this machine, Photo Mechanic works perfectly, and I have no issues.

The fields you mentioned can only be represented in XMP data.  Check the settings of the two systems, specifically the IPTC/XMP section of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog.  You'll probably see that you are only allowing IPTC on the system that isn't working and on the system that is working you likely have both IPTC and XMP enabled for writing/reading.

Also, please get version 4.6.8 of Photo Mechanic.  It's a free update for you and fixes some issues found in earlier versions.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline digitalkreation

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Some IPTC info not showing
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:06:40 AM »
Worked like a charm.  You're the best, Kirk!