Author Topic: 2 ideas for the IPTC-Window  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
2 ideas for the IPTC-Window
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:03:23 PM »
Hi @ all!
First of all: Happy new year to the Team, all photographers and all PM users!

Would it be an option to "customize" the IPTC-Window to hide specific fields that are not used and to resize the Caption-Field?
I apply my "default" IPTC-Data during ingest and when selecting the keepers I am adding more details in just 2 or 3 fields that are not filled during ingest.
Would be nice to hide some fields that are not changed after ingest to have a more clean interface.
Mostly the caption gets a lot of text and so a resizeable text-box would be a benefit.

Also one minor idea: When pressing "I" in the preview to add data into an image the cursor jumps into the beginning of the caption. Is there a way to set the default "target" where the cursor jumps to?
I currently use an "unused" field to enter the persons name and then when uploading the image to one or more agencies I apply a specific stationary-pad during FTP as the agencies need different data in the caption. This is then filled by a set of variables including the "unused" field...

Thanks
Sven
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 2 ideas for the IPTC-Window
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:35:29 AM »
Sven,

Would it be an option to "customize" the IPTC-Window to hide specific fields that are not used and to resize the Caption-Field?
I apply my "default" IPTC-Data during ingest and when selecting the keepers I am adding more details in just 2 or 3 fields that are not filled during ingest.
Would be nice to hide some fields that are not changed after ingest to have a more clean interface.
Mostly the caption gets a lot of text and so a resizeable text-box would be a benefit.

Also one minor idea: When pressing "I" in the preview to add data into an image the cursor jumps into the beginning of the caption. Is there a way to set the default "target" where the cursor jumps to?
I currently use an "unused" field to enter the persons name and then when uploading the image to one or more agencies I apply a specific stationary-pad during FTP as the agencies need different data in the caption. This is then filled by a set of variables including the "unused" field...

Both of these requests are frequently asked for.  We're working to implement them in PM 5.

-Kirk

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2 ideas for the IPTC-Window
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »
Both of these requests are frequently asked for.  We're working to implement them in PM 5.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk!
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.