Author Topic: PM 4.6.8 Mac & edit in CS4  (Read 9910 times)

Offline Paul Burrows UK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 4.6.8 Mac & edit in CS4
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »
Kirk, I have chosen Photoshop as the external editor.

Photoshop becomes the active program after pressing E in PM's large preview window mode, and does open the image but that image is not displayed, until I press F (in Photoshop) for fullscreen mode. This has never happened once in 3 years using PM, until I updated PM to the current version.
I have installed the current version of PM on 2 Macs with CS4 and this problem is affecting both machines.
On a positive note - pressing E in thumbnail view or "Edit" on the preview Menu bar -always opens the image correctly in Photoshop!!
Raw files open in the Adobe RAW editor as normal too.
I think I may have to alter the way I use PM if we cannot figure out why this has suddenly started happening.
Thanks for your brilliant support forum btw.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Paul,

Photoshop becomes the active program after pressing E in PM's large preview window mode, and does open the image but that image is not displayed, until I press F (in Photoshop) for fullscreen mode. This has never happened once in 3 years using PM, until I updated PM to the current version.
I have installed the current version of PM on 2 Macs with CS4 and this problem is affecting both machines.
On a positive note - pressing E in thumbnail view or "Edit" on the preview Menu bar -always opens the image correctly in Photoshop!!
Raw files open in the Adobe RAW editor as normal too.
I think I may have to alter the way I use PM if we cannot figure out why this has suddenly started happening.

I suggest just using the toolbar button instead of the E key then.  I cannot explain why there would be any difference other than the fact that the code is being called from a mouse click instead of a key press.  The same code is used for either method.

-Kirk

Offline Paul Burrows UK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »
Thanks Kirk, is there still a version of 4.6.6 i could download to satisfy my curiosity?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
Thanks Kirk, is there still a version of 4.6.6 i could download to satisfy my curiosity?

Give this a try:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic4.6.6.dmg.gz

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Paul Burrows UK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »
Thanks Kirk but that link doesn't work any longer.

Offline Paul Burrows UK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 02:51:28 PM »
Kirk thanks for that link.
I can now confirm that after reverting to 4.6.6 everything is back to normal! Just opened 20 images in preview mode without a hitch.