Author Topic: Capture NX2.3 64 bit and Color class setting in PM does not open jpg  (Read 18310 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Capture NX2.3 64 bit and Color class setting in PM does not open jpg
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »
Juerg,

Hm, just read about the problem opening JPG's in NX2 64-bit after setting color class in PM.

I just tried several JPE's and they open just fine in NX2 64-bit. Dito with ViewNX2 64-bit.

I believe this is a Mac-only issue.

-Kirk

Offline jjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 07:58:46 PM »
Kirk,
Thank you for your outstanding customer service.
John

Offline TechnoMonk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Jim Arnold Photography
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
I know I'm a late-comer to this conversation, but I have found this info to be extremely helpful. I recently discovered that Capture NX2 2.3.2 was not opening my D300 jpg's and I was totally frustrated. Nikon Customer Service was totally clueless and ultimately it was a Facebook friend pointed me to this discussion. Now, when I delete the PM end-of-file preferences metadata, NX2 seems to have no problem opening my files. So, thanks for this forum.

It is stated in one of the entries above that deleting the end-of-file preferences metadata "should cause no problems." However, I have NO IDEA what "end-of-file preferences metadata" really is...and I see the CAUTION in PM that I should be working with duplicate files when deleting metadata. Anyone care to comment on that?

If this is going to continue to be a problem, I would like a way to ingest files without the offending PM metadata. I have used PM for a long time now, but am wondering if I should be considering the switch to Nikon View NX2. The best thing in the world would be for PM and NX2 to work as seamlessly as they have in the past.

Offline Tom Parkes 2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 05:44:30 AM »
@ TechnoMonk

I have been deleting the end of file preferences as Kirk suggested with absolutely no problems.

Offline ralphdaily

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 06:50:47 AM »
@ TechnoMonk

I delete the end of file with no problem also.  Easy workaround.

Offline TechnoMonk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Jim Arnold Photography
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »
Tom and Ralph...thanks for your input. My problems have gone the way of end-of-file preferences.

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
Thanks for this info, works great!  I've also had problems with the jpegs I output from PM not being read by online photo printing services.  In the past I had to run them through photoshop instead.  Is this fixed in PM 5?  Maybe an option not to have the end-of-file data written?

Thanks as always!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 05:27:28 PM »
Thanks for this info, works great!  I've also had problems with the jpegs I output from PM not being read by online photo printing services.  In the past I had to run them through photoshop instead.  Is this fixed in PM 5?  Maybe an option not to have the end-of-file data written?

Thanks as always!

PM5 no longer writes end of file data for soft edits.

-Kirk