Author Topic: Workflow mark in PM5  (Read 4366 times)

Offline all4foto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Workflow mark in PM5
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:55:36 PM »
Hi Kirk.

I recently had to work with the software of a customer. One feature I found very good and wanted to ask whether it would be possible to incorporate in the PM5.

Once an image is tagged then it gets a small brand with a 'T' for tagged. If the image has been edited, an "E". Once the caption has been edited a "C" for captioned. If it was transmitted, it is with a "T" marked for transferred.

So the user can immediately see what the status of his pictures are. This highlighting is permanently stored.

I also think it would be great if the currently displayed transmission status would be permanently available. Maybe in the future PM5 saves on which FTP the images were transmitted. A date and time would be great.

What do you think?

Thank you!

Regards,

Sascha

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Workflow mark in PM5
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
Sascha,

I recently had to work with the software of a customer. One feature I found very good and wanted to ask whether it would be possible to incorporate in the PM5.

Once an image is tagged then it gets a small brand with a 'T' for tagged. If the image has been edited, an "E". Once the caption has been edited a "C" for captioned. If it was transmitted, it is with a "T" marked for transferred.

So the user can immediately see what the status of his pictures are. This highlighting is permanently stored.

I also think it would be great if the currently displayed transmission status would be permanently available. Maybe in the future PM5 saves on which FTP the images were transmitted. A date and time would be great.

What do you think?

The feature set for version 5.0 is pretty well established at this point.  We won't have time to add any other new features before release day.

-Kirk

Offline all4foto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
Can you tell us a release date? When is a beta version ready for download? Thx. Sascha

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
Sascha,

Can you tell us a release date? When is a beta version ready for download? Thx. Sascha

We're still trying to get a release during the 1st quarter of 2012 (March 31st would be the last day).  No scheduled beta release date at this point.

-Kirk