Author Topic: Contact sheet close confirmation  (Read 5415 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Contact sheet close confirmation
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:18:10 AM »
I often use PM with more different keyboards (on different computers) and I more often than satisfying accidentally close the contact sheet usually instead of changing color codes for the selection what is a great drawback as I have to open the contact sheet again have it loaded and then find what my selection was previously which takes time.

It would be great help and I hope not too much programming to add an option to ask if it was accidental or intentional close of the contact sheet.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contact sheet close confirmation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »
Szurkebarat,

I often use PM with more different keyboards (on different computers) and I more often than satisfying accidentally close the contact sheet usually instead of changing color codes for the selection what is a great drawback as I have to open the contact sheet again have it loaded and then find what my selection was previously which takes time.

It would be great help and I hope not too much programming to add an option to ask if it was accidental or intentional close of the contact sheet.

We might be able to add that feature after version 5 is released.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
Szurkebarat,

Hi Kirk,

IF you implement this feature, may I ask you to implement in such a way the question becomes optional, or can be easily overridden (e.g., by adding the Shift key to the CMD/Ctrl+W combination/when clicking the close button)? When I know what I'm doing, I don't want to be asked for confirmation  ;)

Cheers,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
Hayo,

Szurkebarat,

IF you implement this feature, may I ask you to implement in such a way the question becomes optional, or can be easily overridden (e.g., by adding the Shift key to the CMD/Ctrl+W combination/when clicking the close button)? When I know what I'm doing, I don't want to be asked for confirmation  ;)

If it gets implemented, it will be a user preference.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »
If it gets implemented, it will be a user preference.

-Kirk

I meant it optional of course.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com