Author Topic: Navigator issue  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Paul Benham

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Navigator issue
« on: January 27, 2012, 10:46:38 AM »
Hi,

I am running PhotoMechanic v4.6.8 on a Mac Pro with OS X 10.6.8.
I installed the software using the initial admin user that we create on all of our college machines (a local account - 501). When I log in as a new user (a mobile account created with Active Directory credentials) the file structure in the Navigator window is that of the initial admin user and not the current user. I have created several new users on the machine and in each case the folders that I see in the Navigator window are those of the initial admin user.

Is this a known behavior?

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Navigator issue
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:58:04 AM »
Paul,

I am running PhotoMechanic v4.6.8 on a Mac Pro with OS X 10.6.8.
I installed the software using the initial admin user that we create on all of our college machines (a local account - 501). When I log in as a new user (a mobile account created with Active Directory credentials) the file structure in the Navigator window is that of the initial admin user and not the current user. I have created several new users on the machine and in each case the folders that I see in the Navigator window are those of the initial admin user.

Is this a known behavior?

The Finder's Sidebar items are stored in a file called com.apple.sidebarlists.plist which is stored in the current user's Library/Preferences folder.  Apple does not document how the data is stored so we have to reverse-engineer it in order to understand how the data is maintained.  Is the com.apple.sidebarlists.plist file different for each account?

PM parses through that file each time it is launched and does not cache the data stored in the com.apple.sidebarlists.plist file.

-Kirk