Author Topic: Simple Viewer Pro Integration in PM  (Read 3702 times)

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Simple Viewer Pro Integration in PM
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »
Hi,

just being curios if there is an easy way to integrate a generated template from SV-Pro Builder into PM ?
I replaced the viewer.swf and swfobject.js, which works in general, but without the extended config parameters SVPro has to offer. The main config parameters are found in XML files, but how do i get them in the corresponding PM template ?

Thanks and kind regards, Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Simple Viewer Pro Integration in PM
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
Mike,

just being curios if there is an easy way to integrate a generated template from SV-Pro Builder into PM ?
I replaced the viewer.swf and swfobject.js, which works in general, but without the extended config parameters SVPro has to offer. The main config parameters are found in XML files, but how do i get them in the corresponding PM template ?

Are you writing your own Exporter template?  Or are you using the HTML Export template and providing your own sub-template?

-Kirk

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »
Hi Kirk,

thanks for your quick reply - always at hand :)
Well, i', using the Simple Viewer Pro Sv-Builder Exe, which is some sort of Wysiwýg Appl. to create your own look & feel based on some example templates they provide. The output is an XML file with the settings for the viewer.swf to display the template correctly.
Any idea, how i get them into Pm,

kind regards, Mike

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
Hi Mike,

Well, i', using the Simple Viewer Pro Sv-Builder Exe, which is some sort of Wysiwýg Appl. to create your own look & feel based on some example templates they provide. The output is an XML file with the settings for the viewer.swf to display the template correctly.
Any idea, how i get them into Pm,

kind regards, Mike

The Simple Viewer Exporter template has been updated for Photo Mechanic version 5.0. You will be able to use the Simple Viewer galleries that PM version 5 generates with the svBuilder-Pro application.

Regards,
Jerry

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:30:22 PM »
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your reply, tjhis is actually great news..
which leaves one question to ask.. when .. will a beta be available to test this functionality ?

for the current situation, it does not help much - the Simple Viewer developers replied to me, i can add the XML output from the SV-Pro Builder into the galery.xml of each generated galery.
Is there a chance to manually include the SVP XML parameters somewhere in PM - so it is automatically included in the the gallery.xml ?

Thanks in advance for your help and support,
Kind regards, Mike

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply, tjhis is actually great news..
which leaves one question to ask.. when .. will a beta be available to test this functionality ?

I don't have a release date for PM v5 beta.

for the current situation, it does not help much - the Simple Viewer developers replied to me, i can add the XML output from the SV-Pro Builder into the galery.xml of each generated galery.

It's not as simple as updating the gallery.xml file. You'll also need to move over the new .swf file, the svcore directory and update the index.html file to load new the scripts.

Is there a chance to manually include the SVP XML parameters somewhere in PM - so it is automatically included in the the gallery.xml ?

Not in the current template.

-Jerry

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 11:30:06 PM »
Thanks Jerry for your answer - it'll help me to decide at the moment, for a small amount of galleries, i can live with the manual work, but i have an FTP server of stuff to be moved over to the new one for the relaunch of my web site. This will be happening then when the new version is around -
one last question though, about when.. you know.. can you at least state a timeframe, when you expect the beta to hit the road ? maybe second half, Q3, Q4, or 2013 - any clue - i'm sure lot of people would love to hear some interesting news :) would be good to know to refresh the subscription early enaugh as well.

All in all, many thanks to Kirk and you for your help and support,
No doubt PM was and is the best tool around for Photo Journalism and i love to see the new version !

kind regards, Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »
Mike,

Thanks Jerry for your answer - it'll help me to decide at the moment, for a small amount of galleries, i can live with the manual work, but i have an FTP server of stuff to be moved over to the new one for the relaunch of my web site. This will be happening then when the new version is around -
one last question though, about when.. you know.. can you at least state a timeframe, when you expect the beta to hit the road ? maybe second half, Q3, Q4, or 2013 - any clue - i'm sure lot of people would love to hear some interesting news :) would be good to know to refresh the subscription early enaugh as well.

All in all, many thanks to Kirk and you for your help and support,
No doubt PM was and is the best tool around for Photo Journalism and i love to see the new version !

We're still shooting for a Q1 2012 release.  If we don't have a release by then I'd expect we'd start the beta program by then.

-Kirk