Author Topic: Keyword list from old photos  (Read 2908 times)

Offline scwerden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keyword list from old photos
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »
In viewing some old photos I see keywords used on some of them that are NOT in my master keyword list.
Is there someway to get a list of all keywords used on past photos, some shot before my use of PM. I would like to compare my master list with this list and add the missing to my master list.
Thanks
Stowell

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyword list from old photos
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:45:58 AM »
Stowell,

In viewing some old photos I see keywords used on some of them that are NOT in my master keyword list.
Is there someway to get a list of all keywords used on past photos, some shot before my use of PM. I would like to compare my master list with this list and add the missing to my master list.

Sure.  For each image, open up the IPTC Info dialog and view the keywords field.  If the keywords look interesting, click on the popup menu to the right of the Keywords field and choose 'Edit Keywords...' from the popup menu.  In the left side of the Keywords dialog are the keywords in the image you're viewing.  Select the interesting keywords and click on the '>" button to move them over to the Master keywords list.  I believe you could simply select them all and move them over and duplicates would be eliminated.

Do this for each image.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyword list from old photos
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 01:29:01 PM »
Stowell,

There is no automated way to import unique keywords from a set of photos.

-Kirk