Author Topic: Tabulator Key in Two-Up View/Position 2-up-view  (Read 3000 times)

Offline michael33

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tabulator Key in Two-Up View/Position 2-up-view
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
Hello Camerabits,

I run PM 4.6.8 on Win 7 64bit machine with a german layout keyboard.

I have difficulties using the Two-up view:
Using V or H keys to go into Two-up view, I cannot switch the active pane with the tab key.
Nothing happens. The G key for swapping the active picture onto the other side works though.

Any idea?

Best regards
Michael

PS: Is there a way to tell PM to take the active photo in single view to start with when switching into Two-up view?
It only works the first time, but when I switch back from Two-up to single, advance in single and go into Two-up, PM shows me both pictures like I left Two-up the last time.

Maybe I do something wrong but in this case I would need a little help as I cannot figure out how it should work, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:47:13 AM by michael33 »

Offline michael33

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Tabulator Key in Two-Up View
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:27:22 PM »
Am I the only one with TAB key not working (even though two systems are affected)?

Best regards
Michael

Offline michael33

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 01:37:38 PM »
I got it finally to work. I don´t know if it has to do with the german keyboard layout or if it is simply a typo in the help file, but in order to switch panes in 2-up-view I need to press CTL-TAB, not TAB alone.
Hopefully it helps

Regards
Michael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »
Michael,

I got it finally to work. I don´t know if it has to do with the german keyboard layout or if it is simply a typo in the help file, but in order to switch panes in 2-up-view I need to press CTL-TAB, not TAB alone.

Thank you for posting your solution.  Much appreciated.

-Kirk

Offline michael33

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:46:43 AM »
Kirk,

do you think the CTL-TAB issue gets fixed with the final 4.6.9 or 5.0? It is kind of annoying using a two-key shortcut for this.

Furthermore Jerry confirmed, that 2-up-view should pick up the most recent 1-up-view. That only works on first try but if you, after using 2-up-view, continue in 1-up-view and than like to compare again, 2-up-view is still at the position where I left it the last time. 4.6.9 B2 does not help here under Windows 7 64 bit.
Do you see any improvements here?

Best regards
Michael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tabulator Key in Two-Up View/Position 2-up-view
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:12 AM »
Unless there are any glaring crash bugs or data loss issues in PM 4.6.9, no further improvements will be made to the 4.6.x series.

-Kirk

Offline michael33

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Tabulator Key in Two-Up View/Position 2-up-view
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:24 AM »
Even though this was not the answer I was hoping for, I thank you for your honesty

-Michael