Author Topic: Non-image folder is ingested  (Read 11382 times)

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
Non-image folder is ingested
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:36:09 AM »
Hi,

My new camera, Fujifilm X100, puts a non-image folder, FFDB (SDcard.jpg), containing one file, FFDB.dat, on the memory card. This folder is ingested together with the image files (Ingested.jpg, folder =PRXY1.5#1=, folder name inadvertently scrambled by code replacement). Is there a way to suppress the ingestion of this folder?

Windows 7 64-bits, PM 4.6.8

Regards,

Karl

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Non-image folder is ingested
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:42 AM »
Karl,

My new camera, Fujifilm X100, puts a non-image folder, FFDB (SDcard.jpg), containing one file, FFDB.dat, on the memory card. This folder is ingested together with the image files (Ingested.jpg, folder =PRXY1.5#1=, folder name inadvertently scrambled by code replacement). Is there a way to suppress the ingestion of this folder?

Not without changes to Photo Mechanic.  Is the folder always named "FFDB" and is the file always named "FFDB.dat"?

-Kirk

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:01:09 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks for quick reply. Yes, always the same folder, FFDB, with the same file, FFDB.dat.

Regards,

Karl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »
Karl,

Thanks for quick reply. Yes, always the same folder, FFDB, with the same file, FFDB.dat.

OK, good.  I'll add them to the list of things that get ignored by Ingest.

-Kirk

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 08:17:15 AM »
Great! Thanks Kirk.

Regards,

Karl

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
While you are at it, there are few files which are put on Eye-Fi wifi-enabled SD cards, which also get ingested. While they don't take up almost any space, it might be good to add them to the list too (it contains just the internal data for wi-fi transfer, ie which photos had been already transfered and which not, plus the wi-fi log).

the names are:

REQC
REQM
SRPC
RSPM

all in root folder EYEFI

I am not sure if they appear all the time or only if there is a transfer failure. I would have to check more as I rarely ingest from the Eye-Fi card (usually it's reserved just for Small jpegs for online transmitting without computer while the RAWs I ingest go to Compact Flash)

Thank you. Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »
Frantisek,

While you are at it, there are few files which are put on Eye-Fi wifi-enabled SD cards, which also get ingested. While they don't take up almost any space, it might be good to add them to the list too (it contains just the internal data for wi-fi transfer, ie which photos had been already transfered and which not, plus the wi-fi log).

the names are:

REQC
REQM
SRPC
RSPM

all in root folder EYEFI

Do the files have any filename extensions?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »

the names are:

REQC
REQM
SRPC
RSPM

all in root folder EYEFI

I am not sure if they appear all the time or only if there is a transfer failure. I would have to check more as I rarely ingest from the Eye-Fi card (usually it's reserved just for Small jpegs for online transmitting without computer while the RAWs I ingest go to Compact Flash)

Thank you. Frantisek

By my experience these files are allways on the card. I think the Eye-fi service settings are stored in them. And my experience is if I ingest them with PM, and delete them (I use auto delete feature of PM), then the Eye-fi card gets unsupported by the camera. So it would also be great if PM could skip them during the auto erase progress.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 05:47:17 PM »
Szurkebarat,

the names are:

REQC
REQM
SRPC
RSPM

all in root folder EYEFI

Thank you. Frantisek

By my experience these files are allways on the card. I think the Eye-fi service settings are stored in them. And my experience is if I ingest them with PM, and delete them (I use auto delete feature of PM), then the Eye-fi card gets unsupported by the camera. So it would also be great if PM could skip them during the auto erase progress.

The erase feature only erases files that it successfully copies.  So if Ingest were modified to ignore them then they wouldn't be deleted.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »
Hi Kirk, no, no extension.

I can't tell how often do they appear on the card or if they are required, I think they might get recreated by the eye-fi firmware whenever the card is formatted in-camera (one of the files contains textual logfile of eye-fi operations I assume fmor after last format), but it's hard to check atm, as I am having some pretty big issues with getting the eye-fi card recognised correctly by my computer (but it's eye-fi issue, not PM's, so I won't elaborate much - it just gets dirty unmounted whenever I plug it in).

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »
Hi Kirk, no, no extension.

I can't tell how often do they appear on the card or if they are required, I think they might get recreated by the eye-fi firmware whenever the card is formatted in-camera (one of the files contains textual logfile of eye-fi operations I assume fmor after last format), but it's hard to check atm, as I am having some pretty big issues with getting the eye-fi card recognised correctly by my computer (but it's eye-fi issue, not PM's, so I won't elaborate much - it just gets dirty unmounted whenever I plug it in).

Frantisek: I have the same unmount problem with the Eye-fi card when ingesting with PM on my OSX MacBook Air. And I have had more serious problems (not recognised or even freeze/kernel panic) when not using the EyeFi SD reader provided with the card but using any ordinary card reader - that works fine with any other card except the Eye-fi.
And I have had issues with the Eye-fi card not being recognised by one or another camera - probably (but not sure) connected to the in-camera format or the erase of these files.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline ralphdaily

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
Kirk, thanks for putting the FFDB.dat file on the road to extinction for X100 ingests.  I thought I would have to delete those forever.