Author Topic: How can I have "Star Rating" widget unchecked on folder open  (Read 3253 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
How can I have "Star Rating" widget unchecked on folder open
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »
Hi,

I am using photomechanic 4.6.6 on Windows 7 PC

Some change I inadvertently made to my PM settings caused an issue where the "Star Rating" Widget is always checked when
I open a folder or when a folder opens following an ingest operation. This means I have to uncheck it before I can see the thumbnails
as none of my images have a star rating when they are ingested. Can you let me know how I can prevent this behaviour. I don't know what
I did to cause the behaviour to change but it used to be different. - ie the star rating checkbox was unchecked and all images were displayed
regardless of their rating

Thanks
-Tommy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How can I have "Star Rating" widget unchecked on folder open
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »
Tommy,

I am using photomechanic 4.6.6 on Windows 7 PC

Some change I inadvertently made to my PM settings caused an issue where the "Star Rating" Widget is always checked when
I open a folder or when a folder opens following an ingest operation. This means I have to uncheck it before I can see the thumbnails
as none of my images have a star rating when they are ingested. Can you let me know how I can prevent this behaviour. I don't know what
I did to cause the behaviour to change but it used to be different. - ie the star rating checkbox was unchecked and all images were displayed
regardless of their rating

First, be sure to get version 4.6.8 (it's free for you as a 4.6.x user and addresses a number of important issues).

Next, fire up Photo Mechanic, set the Star Rating widget to be the way you want it.  Next, right-click anywhere on the widget and choose 'Set as default' from the contextual menu that appears.

-Kirk

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Re: How can I have "Star Rating" widget unchecked on folder open
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »
Thanks for that Kirk