Author Topic: Variable Input forms.  (Read 4026 times)

Offline sgbotsford

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Variable Input forms.
« on: February 26, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »

As far as I can tell from reading various metadata sites, no one uses all the metadata fields.  Even in my own use, I have found situations where I've used different fields.

With the advent of the the ITPC extensions, and the PLUS system, I can see the meta data going on for a 3-4 screen scroll bar.

Some metadata you apply in a batch, and don't ened to look at.  E.g. your personal copyright notice, your contact info.

Some metadata you apply as a batch, but you may want to verify

Some fields you really never use.

I would like to be able to prune the fields that display when I click the blue i button.

I would like to have possibly several preset field templates.

I see this being done in a panel similar to the the stationery, where you apply checkmarks to fields you want to see on your entry form.  You can save it as a preset form.

Example:  when I'm working with output from my camera, capture date and image date and digitization date should be the same.  When I'm working with scans. digitization is a much later date (about 30 years) than image date.  In the first case, I don't want to see digitization date..  In the second case I want the date to be set to the create time of the image.

And I never use model releases.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Variable Input forms.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:55:08 PM »

As far as I can tell from reading various metadata sites, no one uses all the metadata fields.  Even in my own use, I have found situations where I've used different fields.

With the advent of the the ITPC extensions, and the PLUS system, I can see the meta data going on for a 3-4 screen scroll bar.

Some metadata you apply in a batch, and don't ened to look at.  E.g. your personal copyright notice, your contact info.

Some metadata you apply as a batch, but you may want to verify

Some fields you really never use.

I would like to be able to prune the fields that display when I click the blue i button.

I would like to have possibly several preset field templates.

I see this being done in a panel similar to the the stationery, where you apply checkmarks to fields you want to see on your entry form.  You can save it as a preset form.

Example:  when I'm working with output from my camera, capture date and image date and digitization date should be the same.  When I'm working with scans. digitization is a much later date (about 30 years) than image date.  In the first case, I don't want to see digitization date..  In the second case I want the date to be set to the create time of the image.

And I never use model releases.

I've been working on IPTC Info/Stationery Pad customization for the last two weeks.  Should take another week or two to complete.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Variable Input forms.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:54:01 AM »
I will certainly be a nice addition to PM.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi