Author Topic: Olympus PEN E-PM1 files  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Rick Baumhauer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Olympus PEN E-PM1 files
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:27 PM »
I just picked up an Olympus E-PM1 in preparation to switching to m4/3 for most of my shooting (once the E-M5 arrives in April), and was surprised that the .ORF files it produces can't be displayed in PM 4.6.8. Apple has supported the camera since last's November's RAW compatibility update - I thought PM could use this to render RAW files, but it doesn't seem to be working in this case (or I've misunderstood the "Render w/ImageIO" setting).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Olympus PEN E-PM1 files
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »
Rick,

I just picked up an Olympus E-PM1 in preparation to switching to m4/3 for most of my shooting (once the E-M5 arrives in April), and was surprised that the .ORF files it produces can't be displayed in PM 4.6.8. Apple has supported the camera since last's November's RAW compatibility update - I thought PM could use this to render RAW files, but it doesn't seem to be working in this case (or I've misunderstood the "Render w/ImageIO" setting).

Olympus cameras have been quirky in the past, so we have an internal list of supported models for Olympus cameras.  Your camera is not on the internal list and as such is not currently supported.  We'll be coming out with an update to the 4.6 version line soon and we'll add compatibility then.

-Kirk

Offline Rick Baumhauer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Olympus PEN E-PM1 files
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:40:33 PM »
Kirk - thanks, that clears things up. Looking forward to the update (and to v5 :) ).