Author Topic: How to handle Nested Folders  (Read 2993 times)

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to handle Nested Folders
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere here...

When I open a folder of files, PM gives no indication that there may be other folders of images nested inside.

I always think back to one of the first Nikon viewing applications that came with their D1 digital camera - wherein a nested folder would show up in the proofsheet-like layout as folder. Clicking on that folder would open a new window with the photos.

I always liked that ability...

Or how about adding the nested folders as Tabs across the top of the window as they're displayed now if you've gotten two or more open at once?

- And how about that opening splash screen, time for a refresh perhaps?

Thanks,
 -Reed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to handle Nested Folders
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:26:43 PM »
Reed,

When I open a folder of files, PM gives no indication that there may be other folders of images nested inside.

I always think back to one of the first Nikon viewing applications that came with their D1 digital camera - wherein a nested folder would show up in the proofsheet-like layout as folder. Clicking on that folder would open a new window with the photos.

I always liked that ability...

Or how about adding the nested folders as Tabs across the top of the window as they're displayed now if you've gotten two or more open at once?

You can open an entire folder tree recursively by using the Favorites' or Navigator's contextual menu (choose the Open folders and subfolders options).

Quote from: calfoto
- And how about that opening splash screen, time for a refresh perhaps?

Version 5 will have a new splash screen.

-Kirk