Author Topic: Resizing in PM - fixed height / width  (Read 5627 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Resizing in PM - fixed height / width
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:02:13 AM »
Hi, it would be nice if the Save As dialog (and others, I think e-mail already does) let you resize photos to a fixed Height (or Width), letting the other dimension be whatever (keeping aspect ratio).

Currently in Save As, I can only resize either to a fixed Width and Height (together), or to a maximum size. But if for example I need photos that are 1200 px high and do not care about the other dimension, I see no way to do that from Save As.

Perhaps some simple solution like letting the user delete the number from e.g. Width field and enter only in the Height field?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Resizing in PM - fixed height / width
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »
Frantisek,

Hi, it would be nice if the Save As dialog (and others, I think e-mail already does) let you resize photos to a fixed Height (or Width), letting the other dimension be whatever (keeping aspect ratio).

Currently in Save As, I can only resize either to a fixed Width and Height (together), or to a maximum size. But if for example I need photos that are 1200 px high and do not care about the other dimension, I see no way to do that from Save As.

Perhaps some simple solution like letting the user delete the number from e.g. Width field and enter only in the Height field?

Put a zero in the dimension field you don't care about limiting.  The other dimension will be retained.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: Resizing in PM - fixed height / width
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:39:08 AM »
Great, thank you. Didn't know this was already implemented :)