Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad window contents cut off when Windows 7 fonts size is 110%  (Read 6629 times)

Offline dandill

• View Profile
Hi.

To make text more easily readable on a Lenovo W520, I used "Set custom text size (DPI)" to set the font size to 110%.

I think as a consequence, the contents of the Stationary Pad windows are cut off slightly on the right side (window grab attached).

Would it be possible to allow this window to be re-sized? Or is there some other workaround that allows me to use the 110% adjustment?

Thanks
Dan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Dan,

To make text more easily readable on a Lenovo W520, I used "Set custom text size (DPI)" to set the font size to 110%.

I think as a consequence, the contents of the Stationary Pad windows are cut off slightly on the right side (window grab attached).

Would it be possible to allow this window to be re-sized? Or is there some other workaround that allows me to use the 110% adjustment?

It won't resize?  It's supposed to allow resizing.

-Kirk

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
It resizes vertically, Kirk,  but not horizontally, although the resize arrows suggest that horizontal resizing should be possible.

Jim

Offline dandill

• View Profile
It resizes vertically, Kirk,  but not horizontally, although the resize arrows suggest that horizontal resizing should be possible.

I noticed this vertical resizing too, on another machine where the text has not been enlarged, and that in that case there is a vertical scroll bar on the right.

On the machine that does not resize at all, I notice there are neither vertical nor horizontal scroll bars, as shown on the screen grab above.

Dan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Dan,

I noticed this vertical resizing too, on another machine where the text has not been enlarged, and that in that case there is a vertical scroll bar on the right.

On the machine that does not resize at all, I notice there are neither vertical nor horizontal scroll bars, as shown on the screen grab above.

On the 110% system, you can't make the window smaller either?  Which version of Photo Mechanic are you running?

-Kirk

Offline dandill

• View Profile

On the 110% system, you can't make the window smaller either?  Which version of Photo Mechanic are you running?

I was just now able to check: On the 110% system I can resize vertically (even though no vertical scroll bar appears) but not horizontally .

This seems consistent with only a vertical scroll bar appearing on the 100% system

Dan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Dan,

I was just now able to check: On the 110% system I can resize vertically (even though no vertical scroll bar appears) but not horizontally .

This seems consistent with only a vertical scroll bar appearing on the 100% system

And what version of Photo Mechanic are you running?

-Kirk

Offline dandill

• View Profile
I am using 4.6.8, on Windows 7 64 bit.

Dan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Dan,

I am using 4.6.8, on Windows 7 64 bit.

OK, thanks.  I'll see what we can do in the next update.

-Kirk