Author Topic: Problem with RAW+JPEG  (Read 5932 times)

Offline Callie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem with RAW+JPEG
« on: October 15, 2006, 02:35:16 PM »
I just got a Sony DSC-R1 and have started shooting RAW.  When I ingest into PM, it only renames the JPEG, not the RAW, and only displays the JPG.  Both are copied from the memory card onto my hard drive.  When I click to edit an image externally (Photoshop), it edits the JPEG, not the RAW.  I have my prefs set up to edit the RAW and to combine the RAW+JPEG into a single thumbnail.  I am thinking right now that PM doesn't recognize the R1's RAW format, .SR2.  Or am I doing something wrong with my prefs or the ingest process?  I'm using v. 4.4.  Any ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem with RAW+JPEG
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 04:19:17 PM »
I just got a Sony DSC-R1 and have started shooting RAW.  When I ingest into PM, it only renames the JPEG, not the RAW, and only displays the JPG.  Both are copied from the memory card onto my hard drive.  When I click to edit an image externally (Photoshop), it edits the JPEG, not the RAW.  I have my prefs set up to edit the RAW and to combine the RAW+JPEG into a single thumbnail.  I am thinking right now that PM doesn't recognize the R1's RAW format, .SR2.  Or am I doing something wrong with my prefs or the ingest process?  I'm using v. 4.4.  Any ideas?

You're not doing anything wrong, and you're correct, we do not yet support Sony RAW files.  We have no sample files.  If you would be willing to share some sample files, then I can look into supporting your camera.

Contact me privately by clicking on my name to the left of this message.  I'll arrange for a server to upload your samples.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 06:37:08 PM »

Sony camera owners,

I just added support for the DSC-R1.  I would also like some samples of some of the other Sony cameras that produce SR2 or ARW files.  If you have one of the following cameras, then please consider sharing a sample:

DSC-F828
DSC-V3
DSLR-A100

Contact me privately for server upload info.

Thanks!

-Kirk

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 06:58:54 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline RAWShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 01:14:10 AM »
Dear Kirk,

regarding

"I just added support for the DSC-R1.  I would also like some samples of some of the other Sony cameras that produce SR2 or ARW files.  If you have one of the following cameras, then please consider sharing a sample:"

Is SR2 support now available in the current release? Or what is the way to test that feature? I am using SR2 and like to see if/how it works.

Regarding the other Sony RAW formats - sorry, I don't have these available.

Regards RAWShooter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 06:17:39 AM »
Dear Kirk,

regarding

"I just added support for the DSC-R1.  I would also like some samples of some of the other Sony cameras that produce SR2 or ARW files.  If you have one of the following cameras, then please consider sharing a sample:"

Is SR2 support now available in the current release? Or what is the way to test that feature? I am using SR2 and like to see if/how it works.

Regarding the other Sony RAW formats - sorry, I don't have these available.

The support for these camera RAW formats will be available in the upcoming 4.5 version of Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline RAWShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 08:10:55 AM »
Sounds good! Waiting for that feature...

When will 4.5 be available? Before year end? or in 2007?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 08:16:49 AM »
Sounds good! Waiting for that feature...

When will 4.5 be available? Before year end? or in 2007?

Early 2007 is the best I can give you right now.

-Kirk

Offline Dianas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 03:39:47 AM »
Hello

I have Sony 828 and I'm very interested in using Photo Mechanic with Raw photos.....what do you need me to send you? A SRF photo? and where?

Thank you
Diana

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 06:23:53 AM »
Diana,

I have Sony 828 and I'm very interested in using Photo Mechanic with Raw photos.....what do you need me to send you? A SRF photo? and where?

I have added support for the Sony DSC-F828 in the upcoming 4.5 version.  If you want to send me a SRF file from your camera I can use it to test the parser.  Contact me with a personal message by clicking on my name to the left of this message and I'll give you server upload information.

Thanks,

-Kirk