Author Topic: "Ingest from Selection" please for PM 5!  (Read 4699 times)

Offline TGeist

• View Profile
    • GG-IMAGES :: Charlotte Wedding Photographer
"Ingest from Selection" please for PM 5!
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
This is such an awesome feature that can save much time and hassle!! I definitely want to add my vote for this to the with list for PM 5.

One addition I'd like to see (unless you'd also give us an image preview in the ingest dialog like Lightroom for instance has it):
Give us a possibility to automatically open a card in the Contact Sheet when inserted. Otherwise one needs to run down the Navigator to find the card, click through to the image containing folder and then browse. That's a hassle.

Maybe a preference would be nice, "Open Card on Insert with Contact Sheet / Ingest Dialog) and/or a key that, when pressed while inserting a new card, will open what's NOT selected in the preference.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: "Ingest from Selection" please for PM 5!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:11:33 AM »
This is such an awesome feature that can save much time and hassle!! I definitely want to add my vote for this to the with list for PM 5.

One addition I'd like to see (unless you'd also give us an image preview in the ingest dialog like Lightroom for instance has it):
Give us a possibility to automatically open a card in the Contact Sheet when inserted. Otherwise one needs to run down the Navigator to find the card, click through to the image containing folder and then browse. That's a hassle.

Maybe a preference would be nice, "Open Card on Insert with Contact Sheet / Ingest Dialog) and/or a key that, when pressed while inserting a new card, will open what's NOT selected in the preference.

Since PM works on a folder base it is unclear which folder to open on a card on insert as a card could hold many folders. Not to mention PM condsiders Hard Drives as cards if they don't have a special file that tells not to ingest them - this could cause to open all folders on a hard drive that cannot be the point. So auto open is a bit more complicated.

To make it easier to open the card why don't you simply drag your folder onto the PM icon? Or use the OS right click menu option Brwse with Photo Mechanic to open a folder in Contact sheet without the need to use the PM navigator screen?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: "Ingest from Selection" please for PM 5!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:54:43 AM »
"Browse with Photo Mechanic" is really a nice feature that I frequently use...
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi