Author Topic: Applying Stationary to Multiple Folders at Once  (Read 4163 times)

Offline acabaero

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Applying Stationary to Multiple Folders at Once
« on: March 09, 2012, 04:46:37 PM »
Hello,

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.8 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

I would like to apply the same stationery to multiple folders. Usually I have to load each folder, select all, then apply stationery to selected. Is there a way to select multiple folders and apply the stationery? This would be very helpful to my workflow and save me hours.

One way I thought to do this was to ingest my job folder (multiple jpeg + tiff folders live in here) and apply the stationery pad with the fields I need to add. But the only problem with that is I'd have to select a destination folder and I don't want to copy or move my images.

Any thought?

Best,
Anthony

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Applying Stationary to Multiple Folders at Once
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 05:01:10 PM »
Anthony,

You can open multiple folders into a single contact sheet by right-clicking (or Ctrl-click if you have a single button mouse) on the parent folder of the subfolders you wish to process in either the Favorites or Navigator.  A contextual menu will appear.  There are several choices on the menu.  Two of them open a folder and its subfolders by either reusing an existing contact sheet or by opening a new contact sheet tab.

Depending on the number of subfolders that are in the parent folder the process of opening them can take some time.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline acabaero

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »
Thanks Kirk! That helps me out. Do you guys have plans on making the navigator work a little more like apple's finder windows? Being able to select multiple folders by shift - clicking multiple folders and then right clicking to show the contextual menu? It is a little time consuming right clicking each and everyone one of your folders, especially when your working with 20+ folders.

And is it necessary that a thumbnail must load to apply metadata? I find what slows me down the most is waiting for thumbnails to load. If you could look at your images in a list view to just show file names I think that would be amazing!

You guys are doing a fantastic job with this software. Can't wait to see each and every update.

Thanks,
Anthony

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
Anthony,

Thanks Kirk! That helps me out. Do you guys have plans on making the navigator work a little more like apple's finder windows? Being able to select multiple folders by shift - clicking multiple folders and then right clicking to show the contextual menu? It is a little time consuming right clicking each and everyone one of your folders, especially when your working with 20+ folders.

And is it necessary that a thumbnail must load to apply metadata? I find what slows me down the most is waiting for thumbnails to load. If you could look at your images in a list view to just show file names I think that would be amazing!

No, you don't have to wait for thumbnails to load.  Just select all and apply.  Close the tab as soon as you're done.

-Kirk