Author Topic: Duplicate files with seq.no when resending FTP.  (Read 4450 times)

Offline berijan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Duplicate files with seq.no when resending FTP.
« on: March 20, 2012, 04:18:02 AM »
Hi.

When I'm out shooting a sports event I'm using the FTPfunction to send my pics and I have set up the FTP to save sent filles in a "xxx\xxx\sent" directory. Sometimes it's problem reading the file on the FTP-server and I have resend it from the location. Now when I'm right click the picture "THE_PIC_FILENAMN" in PM and select FTP... it sends the pic again put no as "THE_PIC_FILENAMN01". I think PM adds the sequence number due to the fact that THE_PIC_FILENAMN allready exist in the sent-directory. Is it possible, and if so how, to prevent this behavior and just have PM to resend the picture with the same name again. As it is now we getting duplicate pictures in our archive and causes extra jobb to take care of them.

I hope You understand what I mean, english is not my first language.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Duplicate files with seq.no when resending FTP.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »
Hi.

When I'm out shooting a sports event I'm using the FTPfunction to send my pics and I have set up the FTP to save sent filles in a "xxx\xxx\sent" directory. Sometimes it's problem reading the file on the FTP-server and I have resend it from the location. Now when I'm right click the picture "THE_PIC_FILENAMN" in PM and select FTP... it sends the pic again put no as "THE_PIC_FILENAMN01". I think PM adds the sequence number due to the fact that THE_PIC_FILENAMN allready exist in the sent-directory. Is it possible, and if so how, to prevent this behavior and just have PM to resend the picture with the same name again. As it is now we getting duplicate pictures in our archive and causes extra jobb to take care of them.

I hope You understand what I mean, english is not my first language.

In the Upload dialog in the FTP template there is a section titled "If file already exists on server:" followed by a popup menu.  Change the popup menu to read "Replace existing file on server".

That should solve the issue.

-Kirk

Offline berijan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
It's already set to "Replace existing file on server" and has been so all the time.

I'm using PM 4.6.8 and Win 7 Home premium SP1.

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:57 AM »
It might be a server issue - do you have write/delete access to the files on the FTP server? Ours server is set in that way, that we can't rename/remove the uploaded files, and after a moment they get moved automatically by the system from the upload directory, being locked before that happens. In such case PM could not do anything about it. Try checking your ftp log.

Offline berijan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »
Thanks Frantisek

Our upload server works exactly as You wrote. We FTPing the files and after a while they are automatically removed.
I'll test if the setting "Skip file (do not upload)" works better. In that way we can prevent duplicate files by disable a new upload as long as the file exist on the upload server, they normaly removed within a veryshort time.